January 26, 2018

Butch - Part Two?

I'm happy to say that the Butch story won't languish forever in mystery. There's much more to tell and soon enough, I'll be adding updated information that will go a long way towards making this band's story more complete. Finally, there will be photos of the band and hopefully some ephemera and unreleased audio samples to share here.

I'm also happy to be giving this blog and my primary blog, Robots For Ronnie, some much needed attention. Frankly, my life, career and musical pursuits have taken me in all sorts of directions over the years and sadly, my online writing has taken a huge backseat in the process. While my career is still in full swing, my musical projects seem to be winding down (probably permanently) which will free up time to devote to things like blogging. Be patient with me as I slowly start gathering the data I've accumulated for my blogs and sifting through what's fit for publishing.

This blog ended up being a much bigger undertaking than I fully expected as I touched base with a number of bands (yes, there are four articles in various stages of completion) and became fully immersed in chasing down their story to extreme lengths. What started out as a plan to do a few paragraphs per article ended up becoming a huge all consuming obsession. The next thing you know, band members are driving halfway across the country to meet with me and share very personal stories of their pursuit of musical excellence. Perhaps the greatest reward of this entire process has been helping these musicians reconnect with their former bandmates after decades of separation. Some of those 'reunions' were painful and difficult for them but in the end, their shared memories of camaraderie and creating something special together triumphed.  I hope to bring these stories to light, soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment