March 10, 2011

An Introduction To The Sonic Vault

Welcome to The Sonic Vault.  The purpose of this site will be to lift the veil from enigmatic artists of the past, whose stories have been left untold for far too long.  Not only will this site be an indispensable resource for collectors of rare and privately pressed LPs, it will also contain a wealth of information for music history enthusiasts.  

As a collector of rare music, I can't tell you how many times I have spent weeks, months or years trying to track down information about an elusive record or band only to find that my search has stalled in a mire of frustration.  This is the plight of the collector and it is my goal to not only make that process easier for others, but also to celebrate the artists who have provided us (albeit unintentionally) with such mystery and fascination.  

Here, their stories will be heard, often for the first time and when possible, archival photos, audio and ephemera will be included in an effort to paint a broader accurate picture and give these unheralded artists their just recognition.  

I urge readers to share their memories, comments and/or criticisms.  As this process unfolds, I will be encouraging these artists to interact here with all of you as well.

4 comments:

  1. Hey J,
    i'll be interested to see how this all works.
    It sounds like a lot of work on your part, but i admire your dedication and look forward to hearing the tales behind the bands.
    I wish you all the best with the site, (even though you haven't listed my "New Improved etc" blog in your links :( - mock drama!), and i'll look forward to seeing what scandal you've unearthed. ;)
    Best wishes,
    Bigfootkit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! Duly noted, my friend. I still have quite a few blogs to add to the list. Just need to sit down & get the links all in one place :) Glad you dropped in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, my "subtle" hint worked then? ;)
    Thanks for linking me J, and again, my best wishes to you and good luck with this new place.
    Bigfootkit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds very nice. I always enjoyed reading your posts over at Robots For Ronnie - I discovered some really interesting bands on that blog. Looking forward to reading the stories behind some of them.

    ReplyDelete